Tuesday, December 18, 2012

This Morning's Phone Call...

I normally wouldn't post things that are so personal but with the latest events that have happened, it shows that the children are concerned and that they have questions too. It also gives a little peak into how a child's mind works. I posted this on my personal Facebook page and the number of comments within minutes was staggering. Many people said that this brought them to tears...

 

Phone call this morning...


Matthew: Hi Mommy. Do I have to go to school?Me: Why Baby? What's wrong?Matthew: What if some bad guy comes to my school? Why would someone shoot kids Mommy?
Me: (Trying to convince myself of what I'm about to say) He was a sick man and we really don't know why he did what he did, but you're safe in your school Baby. You'll be fine and I'll talk to you as soon as you get home. Ok?Matthew: Remember when you said that there's a Heaven for kids.Me: Yes.Matthew: What's it like?Me: Well, I think it would have lots of happy kids running around and playing and they would have all of their favorite things with them. I also believe that they are all Angels and that they can see their families and let them know they're ok.Matthew: So...do all kids go to Heaven?Me: Yes Baby. All kids go to Heaven.A few moments of silence...
Matthew: But grown ups can't go to Kid Heaven? Me: I don't think so Buddy. I think it's just for children.
SilenceMe: Are you ok Matthew?
Matthew: Yes. I'm going to school. I know that nothing can happen because I can't go to Heaven.Me: Why would you think you can't go to Heaven Buddy?Matthew: If all kids go to Heaven and they have their favorite things there, then I can't go to kid Heaven because you won't be there and my favorite thing is when we cuddle and I couldn't give you hugs and that's one of my favorite things too, so I am safe.
(Speechless!)

Matthew: Ok Mommy. Love you. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment